Pages

no wardrobe space

Lifestyle Blog

Search This Blog

Sunday 16 September 2018

Simple Banana Cake


What I have found over the last year, is my love for baking. I have always had an interest in baking, especially when my Grandma opened up a cake shop, but that was more of an interest in eating the cake. Although that has never changed, I have found myself bit by bit gravitating towards the mixer and scales to bake up some warm and homely cake.

For something simple but always manages to please the eater, a banana cake is probably my go-to cake to bake. And it really helps in not wasting over-ripe bananas. Which I always end up having. Am I the only one?



Banana cake reminds me of parts of my childhood. My mum would make it. My Grandma would make it. Even my Aunt would make it. It seemed to be a cake that never ran out! You would think by now, that I would be sick of it. But fear not, I have just been skimpy with the icing on top. Icing can be really sickly sometimes (sorry if you disagree). And my Grandma used to whack the icing on the banana cake as if it needed another layer of sugar.

Even if you are an absolute novice at baking, this cake is just right for you. You basically measure the ingredients, chuck it in the mixing bowl and mix it all together. It really can be that simple. Just cook it for 30-40 mins in the oven and it will be good to eat (once cooled!).

My go-to recipe for banana cake is by BBC Good Food. Have fun baking! Tag me in your photos over on my Instagram, I would love to see them!

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list:

Follow

Social